- Advising on the public offerings including the pre-offering due diligence, regulatory compliance, drafting of the offer documents and all required ancillary documentation as required under law and practice. Upon completion of the offering document, we assist clients in seeking approval for listing from the stock exchanges, and with other government authorities, where required. Our engagement continues with the client till the successful listing of the securities with the stock exchanges and we provide all necessary legal and regulatory advice and support throughout the process.
- Advise FIIs, and foreign portfolio investors, in their investment in India.
- Advise and assist in drafting and reviewing investment advisory agreements, portfolio management agreements, and stock broker agreements;
- Advise and assist in setting up Alternate Investment Funds and also advice and assist them in on their investments;
- Assist in making applications to SEBI for obtaining registrations under various SEBI laws.
Employment and Labour
- Advising clients on legal and practical issues arising out of employment of employees, consultants and independent contractors, including the labour laws as may be applicable to a particular organization and its employees.
- Assist in drafting appointment letters, employment contracts, service contracts, consultancy agreements, Employee Share Option Plans (ESOPs), handbooks, policies, and manuals.
- Advise on termination of service, secondment and deputation of employees and assist in the documentation for the same.
- We advise clients on the impact on foreign exchanges laws for appointment of foreign nationals. Further, we advise clients on the various labour and industrial registrations required for their specific business.
The general corporate practice includes:
- Incorporation of companies, LLPs, Trusts, etc,
- Advise and assist in the documentation for business and asset transfers,
- Advise and assist in drafting Joint venture agreements proposed to be set up in India or outside,
- Advise and assist a variety of e-commerce start-ups with the legal aspects of their new ventures, including the legality of having websites and other e-platform networks,
- Opinions and memorandums on various aspects of law,
- Drafting and reviewing of commercial and business contracts.
We act for clients on a range of cross border transactions. We advise on,
- We advise clients and foreign investors for investment in India and outside;
- Our foreign investment experience includes, advising on foreign direct investment (FDI), foreign exchange laws, setting up of branch, liaison, project & site office as per the Reserve Bank of India guidelines;
- We assist in obtaining FDI approvals from the Foreign Investment Promotion Board.
Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Funding
- The M&A practice includes, acquisitions, takeovers, reorganizations, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and we also carry out extensive due diligence for the purposes of the investments. We also assist in drafting and negotiating definitive agreements and other ancillary documents.
- We advise clients on private equity and venture capital funding, hand holding them through the entire process from conducting a due diligence to negotiating and finalising the investment agreements and other ancillary documents. We have represented both the investee company as well as the PE investor.
- We advise clients on structuring of the deals, including identifying appropriate instruments for investment. We also advice on exit options, which includes public offerings, or strategic sales, and assist clients through the exit process.
We advise stakeholders, owners, developers (corporate and individual), and both domestic and foreign investors, in all types of real estate transactions.
- We cover an entire gamut of real estate transactions, from acquisition and development, to leasing and sale.
- We advise clients on development and joint development of property, construction contracts and disputes arising out of construction contracts.
- We are able to assist our clients in complex situations and providing speedy and creative solutions required for the rapidly changing real estate environment.